Monday, November 26, 2012

Made in China - BANNED


View Larger Map
 
Date visited: November 26, 2012

Time: 1:30 pm

Party Size: 5

Price: $7.99 before tax and tips

Food consumed: Baked Pork Chop with tomatoes, cheese and onions in tomato sauce. Served with choice of soup and coffee/tea.

Pictures of food consumed: (Click on images to enlarge)

As always Russian borscht FTW! But this picture makes it so unappetizing.
Main course. Baked pork chop in tomato sauce. Doesn't look appetizing, eh? They served it in a plastic plate, how did they bake this? The cheese had burnt marks, probably burnt using a torch?

Always hot lemon tea. Got to be consistent so each restaurant is rated evenly.

Review of Restaurant: I already banned this place from my prior visits. I came here twice before and twice I got upset stomachs. It was an instant experience both times. My friend also got an upset stomach in one instance.

The food is cooked in lots of oil, too much oil for your own good. Wouldn't it be cheaper for the business to use less oil? This logic does not make sense to me. I'm not a cook, so I could be ignorant. I clean my plates each time I eat out. You can clearly notice the pool of oil lying at the bottom of the plate. It's really disgusting.

THIRD VISIT

I would like to thank my friends (CLam, FChik, JChang and LPang) for eating at Made in China with me. I told them that I had already banned it but need to document the food. Thanks again!

Did you notice the sheer amount of oil in the Russian borscht? Pure disgusting. I got to admit that the soup was filled with lots of ingredients.

On to the main course. I already told you guys that I absoloutely hate onions. Surprisingly, I ate them all. ALL of them. The sauce helped masked the flavour. Sometimes I do this or would gobble lots of tea when I eat onions.

Right afterwards, I felt my stomach churning inside. This was a familiar and expected experience. I am still feeling it as I am writing this entry, it is 12:20 am (almost a 12+ hour experience). This is how bad it is. It is just an upset stomach, no diarrhea.

CITY OF TORONTO INSPECTION REPORTS

The City of Toronto recently updated their website and now the inspection reports are imbedded in Google Maps. It will take me more time to combine the printscreens in Paint. Here is a printscreen of how it looks now.
(Click on images to enlarge)
Source: http://www.toronto.ca/health/dinesafe/#inspectionResult
Source: http://www.toronto.ca/health/dinesafe/index.htm?show=detail&id=106495
I also brought up Korean Grill House Restaurant's inspection report. The reason for this is because they share the kitchen, washroom and offer each other's menus to the patrons. In plain English, it's the same restaurant.

Source: http://www.toronto.ca/health/dinesafe/#inspectionResult

VERDICT: GO BACK TO CHINA! I am pretty sure the chefs are Chinese spies who implanted chips into the food to spy into the customer's lives. Must be some indestructible chip that will survive stomach acids. Cheap is not always good (They have $4.99 extra value deals)

Update 1: November 26, 2012
I called in sick at work. My stomach was still in pain. This is how bad the restaurant is.

3 comments:

  1. ouch! Hope you feel better soon!

    -katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I fully agree with this review, Jer!
    I searched through all your blog posts hoping to find this horrible excuse for a restaurant and you delivered!

    The quality of the food here is TERRIFYINGLY DISTURBING.
    I shall now continue to look through your blog.

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thinking about this restaurant makes me want to go, the bad one.

    ReplyDelete