Sunday, November 11, 2012

Congee Town - Congee helps with your diarrhea

Isn't this artistic?


View Larger Map

Date visited: May 27, 2012 (first documented trip)

Time: Around 1 pm to 2 pm

Party Size: 5

Price: $34.75, before tips (split evenly between 5 people)

Food consumed:
- Fried turnip patties - $5.50
- Chicken and salty fish fried rice - $8.75
- Mongolia chicken chow mein - $7.25
- Sweet and sour pork chop - $9.25

Website: http://www.congeetown.com/

Pictures of food consumed: (Click images to enlarge)


Mongolia chicken chow mein
Chicken and salty fish fried rice
Sweet and sour pork chop
Fried turnip patties
Review of Restaurant:
Food was good and cheap. No unusual washroom experiences. Why am I saying unusual if it happens frequently. But you get the idea. The washroom experience was so pleasant that I visited it the following month.


Second Documented Trip


Date visited: June 16, 2012

Time: 8 pm

Party Size: 7

Price: Don't remember the price, I think it was about $70-80 after tax.

Food consumed: (Click images to enlarge)


Bonus: Free chicken piece at the bottom of my plate. How did I notice this? Accountants have good analytical skills. Off to a great start!
I see chicken, green peppers, chili peppers and onions. Chinese dishes are named after the ingredients, so I think name of the dish is accurate.
Deep fried tofu
Duck and BBQ pork
Some vegetable soup with carrots, turnip. I think I found Waldo!
King mushroom (or oyster mushroom, mushroom regardless) and baby bok choy
Green beans, mushroom and pork chunks.
Deep fried pork chop. I call this porky pork pork.
Eggplant and pork chunks in a hot pot
Review of Restaurant: Despite the chicken piece stuck on my plate, the restaurant is a safe place to eat. Congee is good for you if you have diarrhea. It is very cleansing. It also replenishes your lost fluids.

Source: http://www.toronto.ca/health/dinesafe/index.htm?show=detail&id=104279
They did not wash their hands before commencing work!!! I don't think they will wash their hands if they were not taught to do so in school.

I need to install cameras in the kitchen to ensure the employees are washing their hands. Sometimes, they dip their hands in your food so I need to be careful.

I will give out Purrell containers for FREE (they will not refuse it for sure) and make sure they use it in front of my eyes before they are allowed to serve me. If they refuse, they will feel the wrath of my stomach.

VERDICT: I am speechless after seeing the infractions. As a customer, you are never aware of what happens in the kitchen. I never got food poisoned from this place. Hopefully the employees learn to wash their hands before they commence their shift.

Safe for the time being, although I hate to give them a safe passing.

No comments:

Post a Comment