Sunday, October 28, 2012

Grand Electric - BANNED


View Larger Map

Date visited: October 20, 2012

Time: About 7:30 pm

Party Size: 6

Price: $3.50 per taco, about $5 for drink. Total was about $21 (after tax and tips), split evenly over 5 people (it was for birthday party, birthday boy doesn't pay)

Type of restaurant: Mexican

Food consumed by me: Baja Taco, Pork Belly Taco , Pig Tail Taco, Beef Cheek Taco and Cerveza Monkey Drink, Nachos with guacamole

Pictures of food consumed: 
Nachos with guacamole; Source: Urbanspoon
Top: Pork Belly, Bottom Left:  Beef Cheek, Right: Baja Taco; Source: Urbanspoon
Pig Tail; Source: Urbanspoon
In hand: Pork Belly , left is Beef Cheek and right is Spicy Chicken (I did not eat Spicy Chicken)
Website: http://www.grandelectricbar.com/

Review of Restaurant: The pictures make this place look appetizing, but don't let it deceive you. My friend picked this restaurant based on good reviews from his friends and on websites. (Seems like the common theme for food poisoning is birthday dinners) 4 of us got to the restaurant at about 6 pm. They do not sit you until you have a full party because the place is small and there is always a line-up going in. The bouncer, she's actually a lady - not sure what to call her. Grand Electric Waiting List tracker?  In any case, she suggested we go to a bar or walk around till the other 2 arrive.

The Rhino is just across the street so we crossed the street to 1249 Queen Street. The Rhino is a bar, serving drinks from around the world. This is similar to BierMarkt, but they know how to spell properly and serves drinks at half their price, $5 for a drink!

We sat at the bar and I ordered a Kronenbourg (Viva la France!). We also ordered a few appetizers such as Patata Oorlog (fries with mayo and some peanut sauce), Patata Bravas (similar to the previous one) and Calamari. I ordered another bière française qui s'appelle Boris. I spent about $13, before tax, for myself.

Once our friends were nearby, we hit back to Grand Electric. We got seats in the backyard, it was covered and heated but very crammed. Ordered our food and enjoyed the night.


The next morning, Sunday October 21, 2012, I had diarrhea at around 11:00 am. Sunday night was bad, I passed gas like no tomorrow. On Monday, I had diarrhea at work and my stomach was feeling uneasy and gasey. I left early to rest up. I was about to visit the doctor's on Tuesday but the diarrhea stopped, only my stomach felt like it was being clenched by something. Wednesday, I had diarrhea once or twice.

My performance at work was being affected, my manager complained that I was being. It is not my fault if  I get diarrhea and stomach feels upset.

I was very upset with the experience after dinning at Grand Electric. I was not mentally prepared for this as this was not a Chinese restaurant. The food was served by Caucasians and served by Caucasians, no Chinese was part of the preparation/serving process. This is the first Caucasian restaurant BANNED. It serves Mexican food, but it is not authentic Mexican nor were any Mexicans involved in this business (from my knowledge and observation)


Some of you may ask, why talk about the Rhino? I am merely disclosing that I ate there, but I am pretty sure that the Mexican food hit me. Pork Belly, Pig Tail? If you don't clean it well, it will cause problems for your guests.


Guest affected: Only Jer. It wasn't like The Bridesmaid.

 

VERDICT: BANNED

No comments:

Post a Comment