Monday, October 29, 2012

Chang An Northwestern Chinese Cuisine - Safe for now....

They passed during my visit!


View Larger Map  

Date visited: June 24, 2012

Time: Dinner time

Party Size: 5

Price: ~$6.59, before tax, per person (split evenly between 5 people)

Food consumed:
- Pickled bun with beef or mutton in shaanxi style - $5.99 (don't recall which type we picked)
- Tomato and egg noodle - $4.99
- Qishan delicious noodle - $4.99 (Boy was it delicious)
- Sesame garlic chicken with chili sauce - $6.99
- Water boiled spicy fish - $9.99
- Judging by the pictures, looks like I forgot to note the 6th dish. It wasn't part of our original order (Portions were small).

Pictures of food consumed: (Click on images to enlarge)
Tomato and egg noodles
Don't remember the name, I just eat because I'm Asian, I eat things that are not translatable.


Sesane garlic chicken with chili sauce
Water Boiled Spicy Fish

I can't identify the other dishes based on the vague descriptions. If you can help me match Pickled bun with beef or mutton in shaanxi style, Qishan delicious noodle and identify the 6th dish, I'll give you credits and bring you along to one of my unofficial health inspection. Not many are granted that privilege.

Review of Restaurant: Today, I discovered that the restaurant failed on multiple infractions on May 4, 2011. Trying to recall my experience back on June 24, 2012, I don't recall getting an upset stomach. For now, this restaurant is safe to dine. The food was rather good, but portions were small for a Chinese place. I prefer my Canton style food, portions enough to feed an entire village.

Whoa, guess what? Look at the location, 240 Alton Towers Circle. Hmm, Twins Seafood Restaurant. Let's hope the past doesn't haunt them.

City of Toronto Inspection Report

Source: http://www.toronto.ca/health/dinesafe/index.htm?show=detail&id=102987
VERDICT: Safe for now....Bon Appétit mesdames et monsieurs!

No comments:

Post a Comment