Sunday, October 28, 2012

Chinese Dumpling House - BANNED

Source: Yelp


View Larger Map
Date visited: October 14, 2012

Time: About 7:00 pm

Party Size: 6

Price: $20 per person (split evenly between 5 people - Another birthday dinner)

Food consumed by me: Lamb skewers, Chinese dumplings, Egg Soup, Shanghai fried noodles. Failed to keep detailed records of remaining food. I should have known better, especially dining in a high risk restaurant. Can't forget that I drank a Heineken from a bottle that was pre-opened (I think air-borne bacteria entered in the drink, luckily, the alcohol annihilated them.)

Pictures of food consumed: None. No evidence of food ingested.

Review Site: http://www.yelp.ca/biz/chinese-dumpling-house-toronto

Review of Restaurant: Again, another birthday dinner celebration. I tend not to document my food so I don't act like an ass in front of my friends. Trying to be polite and respect his day. I know better now. I need to be a camera whore and snap pictures of all the food that passed through my digestive system.

Upon sitting down, my stomach grew more and more uneasy. It felt like I had stomach ache. Let me describe the atmosphere. It feels like you are in a Mainland China restaurant, lots of wooden furniture, paint on walls are bland, the show on TV is a Gangnam rip-off. Table was very sticky, probably never washed the cloth.

The waiter was very rude, he walks off before we finished ordered, doesn't give a reply or acknowledges us. Just plain rude.

Luckily, my stomach survived this battle. I don't know how much longer it will last, that is also dependent on the useful life of my toilet.

City of Toronto Inspection Report

Just today (October 28, 2012), I just happened to check their past inspections on the DineSafe website.
Source: http://www.toronto.ca/health/dinesafe/index.htm?show=detail&id=96726

Two conditional passes with multiple infractions in 2 years. My stomach does not lie. If you want to live a painless life, avoid this place.

VERDICT: Technically, I did not get food poisoned here but to be safe, I am BANNING this place. Sorry LWang, although you like this place, it's for the greater good. Better be safe than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment