Monday, December 31, 2012

New York City Restaurants - December 26, 2012

Sabrett Hot Dog Stand




View Larger Map

Location: Near 500 Park Avenue

Time: 1:00 pm

Party Size: 1

Price: $5.00

Type of restaurant: Hot Dog Stand

Food consumed: 
- Sausage - $5.00

Website: http://www.sabrett.com/company.cfm

Pictures of food consumed: (Click on image to enlarge)
Review of Stand:
I wanted to try out the hot dog in NYC, so I just went to a random one. I found it odd that the prices are not displayed. I asked the guy at the stand and he said it was $5.00. I paid and ate. Surprisingly, there are no condiments for you to add bacon, pickles, etc.

When I told my NYC friend about my experience, he said that New Yorkers pay $1.00 for hot dogs. I need to bargain with them. So there you go, I got ripped off by the hot dog stand guy.

Nuts4Nuts Hot Dog Stand



View Larger Map  

Location: Somewhere in Central Park along 5th Avenue, in front of a lake.

Time: 1:00 pm

Party Size: 1

Price: $3.00

Type of restaurant: Hot Dog Stand

Food consumed: 
- Hot dog - $3.00

Website: http://nuts4nyc.com/

Pictures of food consumed: (Click on image to enlarge)


Review of Restaurant:
Right after eating my sausage, I was still hungry and also curious, I wanted to see if I was ripped off (this is prior to speaking to my NYC friend). The stands in Central Park all display their prices prominently, so I went to one. The $3.00 hot dog pictured above was also a complete t rip-off, I would pay less than $1.00 for this. I got robbed twice that afternoon.

TOURIST TIP: Never pay more than $1.00 for hot dogs in New York. Bargain and be prepared to leave.


Shake Shack



View Larger Map

Location: 691 8th Ave, New York, NY 10036

Time: 10:00 pm

Party Size: 1

Price: $11.25 before tax

Food consumed: 
- Shack Stack - $8.60
- French Fries - $2.65

Website: http://www.shakeshack.com/

Pictures of food consumed: (Click on images to enlarge)

Cheeseburger and a mushroom burger topped with lettuce, tomato and Shacksauce
Review of Restaurant:
I was told about the legend of this burger chain. My friend recommended this and the tour guide said it was the best burger in town. The lineup was not too long because it was late in the evening and raining. This is comparable to Burger Priest in Toronto.

The burger was special, but expensive. Would definitely try the other options.
Source: http://a816-restaurantinspection.nyc.gov/RestaurantInspection/SearchDetails.do
Faith in New Yorkers restored. No major concerns on my part aside from the one critical violation.

VERDICT: JerJai's Seal of Approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment