Monday, December 17, 2012

Burger King - What does $17 do to your health?


View Larger Map
 
Date visited: December 13, 2012

Time: 10:00 pm

Party Size: 1 (Take-out)

Price: $14.76 before tax

Website: http://www.burgerking.ca/

Food consumed: 
- Poutine with bacon - $4.89
- Mozzarella sticks (4) - $2.48
- Steakhouse XT with Nestea and fries - $7.39

Pictures of food consumed: (Click on images to enlarge)
Looks likes the fries are giving me the finger
 

 Review of Restaurant:

  • Why did I come to this restaurant?

I stayed late at work and wanted to eat something fast. If it was Whopper Wednesday, I would have eaten 4 of them.

 

  • What did I think of the service?

The service was slow. No one frequents this Burger King. I don't know how they manage to maintain this location.

  • How did my sensitive stomach feel?

My stomach felt very sick after ingesting this amount of food. My heart was pumping three times it's normal speed. I felt like I was going to have a heart attack.


  • How does this impact my health?

Based on the Canadian Food Guide, a person my age should be consuming 2,500 calories for low level of activitiy. I consumed 2,380 just from this meal. I couldn't find the Canadian version for the daily values so I pulled it from the FDA.

Food Component
Daily Value
BK
Total Fat
65 grams (g)
128 g
Saturated Fat
20 g
43.5 g
Cholesterol
300 milligrams (mg)
220 mg
Sodium
2,400 mg
5,985 mg
Total Carbohydrate
300 g
223 g
Protein
50 g
79 g

Twice the fat and saturated fat, more than twice the sodium, just from one meal. Since I'm paying for Healthcare, might as well take advantage of it.

(Click on image to enlarge)
Source: http://www.york.ca/Services/Public+Health+and+Safety/Food+Safety/yorksafedisclosure.htm
I am surprised at the inspection report. It was run down and I saw flies flying around.

VERDICT: I expect to experience these nights again when busy season hits. Stomach approved but heart disapproved.

No comments:

Post a Comment