Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Gabardine - BANNED



View Larger Map

Date visited: May 29, 2013

Time: 5:30 pm

Party Size: 1

Price: $18 plus tax and tips

Website: http://www.thegabardine.com/

Food consumed:
- Sirloin Bacon Cheeseburger - $18
with aioli, tomato, lettuce & fries

Pictures of food consumed: (Click on image to enlarge)

Review of Restaurant:
  • What did I think of the burger/service/overall?

The service was a train wreck the moment the waitress sat me down. I got in at around 5:30 pm and asked for a table for 1. She told me that the table is reserved at 6:45 pm and if I was able to leave before then. I couldn't hear her the first time so I asked her to repeat herself. She said the same thing but added "You are eating alone, so you should be done by then." From that moment, I knew that I wasn't going to enjoy this place.

It was quite packed for 5:30 pm, noisy and dark. I pumped my ISO to 6400 to take a picture, didn't want to use flash or increase the ISO more than that or else the picture would be distorted. The space between the tables was very tight, I had to squeeze through, mind you, I am your typical skinny Asian, think about the average Canadians trying to get through.

The burger was a bit salty, I think it was from the aioli sauce. Sirloin was good, tender and moist. Fries were so-so, not crispy and not too mushy. Not my kind of fries. Overall, I wouldn't reorder this pricey burger. It didn't appeal to me and because of the next answer. The girl sitting beside me asked how my burger was, I told her that it was good but salty. I think they ordered one. I should have waited and asked for her opinion. Oh well, I wanted to get out of that dark place ASAP.
  • How did my sensitive stomach feel?

Had a stomach ache after eating this burger. Felt like someone punched my stomach. At home, I lied on my bed in a fetal position while watching Heat. I thought of blogging this right away but the movie was too good and lengthy.

City of Toronto Inspection Report

(Click on image to enlarge)
Source: http://www.toronto.ca/health/dinesafe/index.htm?show=detail&id=107876
August 18, 2011 - Two significant infractions
1. Fail  to provide soap or detergent in food preparation area.
2. Fail to store food on pallets

Not as major as other places. Luckily I didn't find any hair in my burger or else I would have flipped.

VERDICT: BANNED due to stomach ache incident and bad service. First non-Asian/Mexican place that I banned.

No comments:

Post a Comment