Monday, May 27, 2013

The Drake Hotel - Not worth the stay


View Larger Map

Date visited: February 22, 2013

Time: 5:30 pm

Party Size: 1

Price: $17.95 plus tax and tips

Website: http://www.thedrakehotel.ca/

Food consumed:
- Drake Burger - $17.95
Cheddar, Perth bacon, Russian dressing, pickle and hand cut french fries

Pictures of food consumed: (Click on image to enlarge)
Pump that ISO (6400). The bar area was so dark.

Review of Restaurant:
  • What did I think of the burger/service/overall?

I am writing this entry after 3 months. I honestly cannot recall how it was. This indicates that I didn't enjoy it as much. If I do enjoy it very much, I will salivate at the sight of my photographs. Not in this case.

A note about the service. An Asian lady served me. I placed my camera bag with my camera in it on the bar table to my left. As she was clearing my plate, she almost knocked over my camera bag. Note that there was no one on my right side, there was enough space for her to reach for my plate without obstructing me. This shows that Asians are not good with customer service. We are only good with numbers.
  • How did my sensitive stomach feel?

Besides feeling full from the burger. I do not recall getting sick from this place. Normal bowel movements in the following few days.

City of Toronto Inspection Report

(Click on image to enlarge)
Source: http://www.toronto.ca/health/dinesafe/index.htm?show=detail&id=96620
December 23, 2011 - April 30, 2013 - 9 minor infractions over 4 inspections with 3 of the same category:
  1. Operator fail to properly maintain rooms
  2. Operator fail to properly maintain equipment (non-food)
  3. Operator fail to properly wash equipment
Seems lack of proper training sums up the infractions.

VERDICT: APPROVED, but The Drake Hotel needs to better train their staff in customer service and in public health.

No comments:

Post a Comment