Sunday, May 26, 2013

Mildred' Temple Kitchen - Sweet burgers

 


View Larger Map

Date visited: February 21, 2013

Time: 5:30 pm

Party Size: 1

Price: $18 plus tax and tips

Website: http://www.templekitchen.com/

Food consumed:
- MTK Burger - $18
(famous around the world) this handcrafted burger is topped with tomato relish & crispy tobacco onions, served on a pain au lait bun with salad or frites – the choice is yours)

Pictures of food consumed: (Click on image to enlarge)

Review of Restaurant:
  • What did I think of the burger/service/overall?

I got off work at 5 pm and went to this restaurant, only to find that it opens at 5:30 pm. To kill time, I walked around the shops in the area and took random picture. This stranger (danger) asked me if I was a Russian spy. I thought to myself, "Do I look Russian? Is he still living in the 70s?" I jokingly replied that I was a Chinese spy to which he told me to "F*** off". As a smart, dashing, young lad would do, I smiled and continued snapping pictures. He told a lady walking past him that I was a Chinese spy. As she approached me, I gave her a big smile...

On to the actual food. The burger was filled with crispy tobacco onions. To eat the burger, I had to squeeze both ends of the buns to turn it into a deflated accordion. At one point, the top bun and a few onion pieces fell off onto the table. The burger was very sweet, which is not my type of burger. The onions tasted like caramelized onions, but when you have that much onions, the sweetness is all I tasted. I am actually okay eating this type of onion and I don't want to manipulate the burger from its original creation, at least for the first time.
  • How did my sensitive stomach feel?

No issues with my stomach. My stomach delights at the sight of burgers.

City of Toronto Inspection Report

(Click on image to enlarge)
Source: http://www.toronto.ca/health/dinesafe/index.htm?show=detail&id=102546
December 9, 2011 - One significant infraction
Operate food premise-mechanical equipment not maintained to provide sufficient chemical solution rinse.

April 24, 2012 - One significant infraction
Operator failed to properly maintain equipment

December 18, 2012 - One significant infraction
Operator failed to properly maintain equipment

Vague description from CoT. I wonder why they failed.

VERDICT: APPROVED, but burger was not worth it in my opinion. It was too sweet. I spent some time chatting with the waiter since I was the only diner at that time. He suggested that I try their brunch during the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment