Sunday, January 20, 2013

Chicago Restaurants - January 7, 2013

Foodlife



View Larger Map

Location: 835 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611

Time: 1:00 pm

Party Size: 1

Price: $7.89, before tax

Food consumed: 
- Barbecue brisket sandwich with mashed potatoes

Website: http://www.foodlifechicago.com/

Pictures of food consumed: (Click on image to enlarge)

 

Review of Restaurant:
My cousin told me to try this place. I did and this is the best barbecue brisket I ever had in my life. The meat simply melts in your mouth. Wished I could eat this everyday.

VERDICT: Another safe day for my stomach. Jer Jai's seal of approval.




Five Guys Burgers and Fries


View Larger Map

Location: 1146 South Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60605

Time: 5:00 pm

Party Size: 1

Price: $10.28, before tax

Food consumed: 
- Bacon cheeseburger (double) - $7.29
- Cajun fries, regular - $2.99

Website: http://www.fiveguys.com/

Pictures of food consumed: (Click on images to enlarge)





Review of Restaurant:
I know, there are Five Guys in Toronto. Why did I bother coming to the one in Chicago? I thought it would be different as it originated from US. I read the reviews on yelp.ca, and there was no difference in terms of the service and the food quality.

The service was impeccable. The guy making my burger asked how I was doing. Staff was smiling and talkative.

I forgot that they served peanuts while you waited for your burger. The whole time, I was standing at the counter and waited.

I had no idea the burger I ordered was a double bacon cheeseburger. I expected one patty. For the fries, they give you two heaps. They filled a container with fries and placed it in my bag. Then he took another scoop and dumped it in my bag. I was like, "What did I do to get two servings of fries? Was it because I looked like a tourist?"

After finishing my meal, I couldn't move. It was so heavy and I felt bloated. I can feel the grease in my blood vessels, that was how bad it was. Well worth it though. Would definitely return but order a single patty.

Check this review. I had the same experience as him but can't express as well as he does.


VERDICT: JerJai's Seal of Approval

No comments:

Post a Comment