Sunday, January 20, 2013

Chicago, IL - Jan 4-8, 2013

Another US trip using my frequent flyer miles. I stayed within the downtown core, which is safer than the other areas in Chicago.

In Chicago, there were 513 murders in 2012 (compared to 448 in 2011) as reported by RedEye (part of Chicago Tribune). According to Statistics Canada, based on the most recent information released on December 4, 2012, the number of murder in Canada was 598 in 2011. This shows how safe Chicago is.

On a brighter note, here are pictures of places I visited and survived to talk about it:


I pulled out my map to see if I was walking in the correct direction. A homeless man approached me and asked where I was heading. He walked with me to my destination. Along the way, he kept saying that he believed in karma. After showing the place, he asked for $20. He said it would last him the whole month, in the end I gave him $5. Lesson learned: if a homeless man approaches you, just tell him you are fine and don't need help.
Panoramic view of Chicago from the Museum Campus
City Pass Destination #1: Shedd Aquarium
A cute frog found in the aquarium
City Pass Destination #2: Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower)
View from the Willis Tower at night
Ninth McDonald's opened in the world
 

City Pass Destination #3: The Field Museum
Sue, the largest and most complete T-rex
City Pass Destination #4: John Hancock Observatory
View of the Navy Pier from the John Hancock Observatory
City Pass Destination #5: Adler Planterium

January 4, 2013
Lunch - Kim and Carlo's Chicago Hot Dog Store (Seal of Approval)

Dinner - Portillo's Hot Dogs (Seal of Approval)

January 5, 2013
Lunch - Big Bowl Chinese and Thai (Seal of Approval)

Dessert - Superdawg (Seal of Approval)

January 6, 2013
Lunch - Garrett Popcorn Shops (Seal of Approval)
            - Panozzo's Italian Market (Seal of Approval)

Dinner - Lou Malnati's Pizzeria (Seal of Approval)

January 7, 2013
Lunch - Foodlife (Seal of Approval)

Dinner - Five Guys Burgers and Fries (Seal of Approval)

Theme Song

Don't forget to listen to this song while reading the blog entries on the restaurants in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment