Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Montréal Thanksgiving Road Trip - October 11-13, 2013

October 11, 2013 - The Drive and Hotel

6:30 am - Departed from Toronto. We made one pitstop to the OnRoute at Port Hope for breakfast and another to switch drivers.

1:30 pm - Arrived in Montréal after an exhausting drive to our hotel at Le Westin Montréal.


Luckily our hotel is connected to RÉSO, Montréal's version of the PATH in Toronto. Technically, Montréal built it first and was the largest underground shopping complex in the world.


Why can't Toronto have nice statues and fountains along the PATH.


Late Lunch at La Banquise




View Larger Map

Location: 994 Rue Rachel Est, Montréal, QC H2J 2J3

Time: 3:00 pm

Party Size: 4

Price: $35.55, before tax and tips

Food consumed:
- La "3 Amigos" (hot dog sausage, pork & beef sausage & merguez sausage) - $8.75 regular size
- La Savoyarde (bacon, onions, swiss cheese & sour cream) - $9.40 regular size
- La Taquise (guacamole, sour cream & tomatoes) - $9.25 regular size
- La Elvis (ground beef, green peppers & mushrooms) - $8.15 regular size

Website: http://labanquise.com/

Pictures of food consumed: (Click on images to enlarge)



Review of Restaurant:
We thought that 3 poutines were enough, but the bottomless stomach Jeff wanted a 4th one. So we ordered La Elvis, which was my favourite one. The 3 Amigos has this weird tasting sausage, merguez sausage. Something that you aren't used to.

The service was poor because we sat outside in the corner. The waitress never came over. We had to hail her.

I am not a poutine connaisseur, so I can't comment on how amazing it was but I enjoyed it and the fries were crispy.

4:00 pm - We walked to a nearby park, Parc La Fontaine. We witnessed a guy being surrounded by squirrels. The little rodent was touching the guy's shoes.

Zoomed in on the wrong subject but I still love this shot. Who is this sexy man?

Afternoon Coffee at Café Myriade




View Larger Map

Location: 1432 Mackay St, Montreal, QC H3G 2H7

Time: 5:30 pm

Party Size: 4

Food consumed (Click on image to enlarge):
- Café du jour, black - $2.17


Website: http://www.cafemyriade.com/

Review of Restaurant:
I was recommended by a friend to drink the coffee. I am also not a coffee connaisseur, so I can't comment much. It just taste like any other coffee to me. Apparently, it got good reviews on Google and Yelp.

Late Dinner at Schwartz's



View Larger Map

Location: 3895 Boulevard Saint-Laurent, Montréal, QC H2W 1L2

Time: 9:30 pm

Party Size: 4

Price: $8.60, before tax and tips

Food consumed:
- Smoke meat sandwich - $6.65
- Pickle - $1.95

Website: http://www.schwartzsdeli.com/

Pictures of food consumed: (Click on images to enlarge)



Review of Restaurant:
Food was amazing. I could eat an endless supply if my stomach could support this lifestyle.

Service on the other hand was terrible. I was told that this is part of the appeal. The waiter had Parkinson's disease. The plate kept shaking as he handed us our food. He stretched over me and rested his arm on my shoulder to drop the plate to my friend. A thumb print is visible on one sandwich. What a filthy yet tasty place.

To End the Night with Dessert at Juliette et Chocolat



View Larger Map

Location: 3600 Boulevard Saint-Laurent, Montréal, QC H2X 2V4 ‎

Time: 12:00 am

Party Size: 4

Food consumed:
- Chocolat et bananes crêpe - $8.35

Website: http://julietteetchocolat.com/

Pictures of food consumed: (Click on image to enlarge)


Review of Restaurant:
One bite and I felt like I was in heaven. We had too much food that day. I felt like puking by the end of this meal. My stomach is not used to having so much good food in one day.

October 12, 2013
October 13, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment