Monday, February 11, 2013

Mont Tremblant - February 6, 2013

Chef Quach's Continental Breakfast

Location: Mont Tremblant

Time: 9:00 am

Party Size: 10

Food consumed:
- Sausages
- Scrambled eggs
- Bacon

Pictures of food consumed: (Click on image to enlarge)

Review of Food:
Miss Quach wanted to hit the slopes bright and early but the 9 of us wanted to sleep longer. Felt bad now that I think about it. She drove 2 hours for this and we were still in bed.

In the end it worked out well, she hit the blacks while I managed to go from bunny, green to blue. Big accomplishment. Thanks Mr LPang for waiting for me at the blue hill.

VERDICT: Jer Jai's seal of approval! Bacon is enough for this to pass through my system comfortably.


Le Shack


View Larger Map

Location: 3035, ch de la Chapelle, Mont-Tremblant, QC J8E 1E1

Time: 1:30 pm

Party Size: 10

Price: $13.95 plus tax and tips (what's this AVT? 3% royalty on all goods and services at Mont Tremblant)

Website: http://www.leshack.com/

Food consumed:
-  Le Flying Mile (chicken breast marinated with mustard and maple syrup sauce and Swiss cheese)

Pictures of food consumed: (Click on image to enlarge)
Review of Restaurant:
Dried chicken breast, can't taste the maple syrup. I bought this because I wanted maple syrup. Another disappointment with burgers. Can;t wait to eat at some of the Toronto's burger places. A heads up, The Queen and Beaver had the best burger so far.

Even though I was disappointed with the burger, I didn't have to dig a hole in the mountain to unload.

VERDICT: Jer Jai's seal of approval!


Crêperie Catherine


View Larger Map

Location: 113 Chemin de Kandahar, Mont-Tremblant, QC J8E 1E1

Time: 4:30 pm

Party Size: 10

Price: $9.95 plus tax and tips

Website: http://www.creperiecatherine.ca/

Food consumed:
-  Granny Smith Apple crêpe

Pictures of food consumed: (Click on image to enlarge)
Review of Restaurant:
Located on an interest street name, Kandahar. I think of Afghanistan, not crepes.

"Yummy Yummy"The best crêpe I've had (actually, I don't recall the last time I had crêpes, so this might be only crêpe I had). Nice decor too. The interior is filled with chef related poster, figures, mugs, etc.

On to meat of this blog,  I believe that this crêpe gave me the energy to graduate from the green hill to the blue hill.

VERDICT: Jer Jai's seal of approval!


Chef Suen's Tenderloin

Location: Mont Tremblant

Time: 8:30 pm

Party Size: 10

Food consumed: 
- Tenderloin
- Mashed potatoes
- Broccoli

Pictures of food consumed: (Click on images to enlarge)
Bambi's mom
Bambi and her siblings
Bambi's mom
Mashed potato with secret ingredient, bacon oil

Review of Food:
Bambi's mom died so that we could enjoy our last night night at Mont Tremblant. Let's have a moment of silence for her. Her sacrifice satisfied my cravings for meat.


The pork tenderloin was amazing. It was supposed to be barbecue pork but we couldn't find Lee Kum Kee branded  BBQ sauce. The closest sauce was Korean BBQ sauce.

The mashed potatoes with bacon oil was also delicious.

I did not feel like I had the runs that night. I did run and rolled around a lot and swam.

VERDICT: Jer Jai's seal of approval!

No comments:

Post a Comment