Sunday, March 31, 2013

Kim Po Vietnamese Restaurant - BANNED


View Larger Map

Date visited: March 30, 2013

Time: 8:00 pm

Party Size: 4

Price: $6.75 plus tax and tips

Website: http://www.kimpovietnamese.com/

Food consumed: Lemon Grass Chicken

Pictures of food consumed: (Click on image to enlarge)


Review of Restaurant:
This is the first time that I posted on the same night of eating at the reviewed restaurant. The reason: I got explosive diarrhea from this place. We ate at 7:00 pm, came home and stomach felt really weird. At 11:20 pm, "BOOM". My sister heard me from her room, that was how powerful it was. I would personally rate it 7.2 on the Richter scale. Refer to link for earthquake effects. Many aftershocks with similar magnitude ensued.

I found it ironic because I kept telling my sister that I would get diarrhea. As we sat down, I asked her, "How shall I get diarrhea tonight?". I also picked this restaurant because we haven't been there in a few years. There was a reason why...

When you get in, you will find an oddly placed table at the entrance. Sucks to eat at that table and have people breathe down your neck. The restaurant feels like it is located in a Vietnamese jungle. It is in the middle of nowhere.

MSG was used in my parents' vermicelli. My parents cannot sleep whenever they have food with MSG at night. As a result, my dad added this to his personal banned list.

City of Toronto Inspection Report

(Click on image to enlarge)
Source: http://www.toronto.ca/health/dinesafe/index.htm?show=detail&id=101550
I had to copy and paste the inspection reports using MS Paint via print screen. The scroll bar appears 3 times.

August 11, 2011 - Passed despite having several significant infractions, I think the City of Toronto inspectors were lax. Failing to wash surfaces and maintaining rooms, sounds dirty to me. I wondered how the kitchen was.

December 13, 2011 - Failed to post eating and drinking establishment license. Also failed in washing equipment and surfaces in rooms.

April 12, 2012 - Again, equipment and surfaces. Storing utensils in manner not preventing contamination.

December 6, 2012 - Yet again, equipment and surfaces. Chinese people never learn.

Overall, they keep having the same infractions. Dirty kitchen area and a perfect breeding ground for bacteria.

"No cutting corners, No Short Cuts. Just hard work. We believe it just taste better this way." Kim Po

VERDICT: BANNED! EXPLOSIVE DIARRHEA EXPLAINS IT! GOING TO HAVE A HARD TIME SLEEPING TONIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment